20 Facts About Me

books-1835753_960_720

This was something I was tagged to do on instagram and if you follow me there you would have already seen it but I just thought it was worth sharing on my blog as well!

Here goes 20 (I hope somewhat interesting) facts about me.

1. I qualified as a mental health nurse last year and I’m now working in a nursing home.
2. It’s a cliche but I’m scared of spiders.
3. I prefer winter in terms of temperature but summer in terms of hours of daylight.
4. I always wanted to be a writer and I’m currently working on a novel. My dream is to have it published.
5. I started this blog in December to write about my experiences as a Muslim/Revert or short stories or whatever I feel like writing about.
6. My favourite colour is lilac or burgundy. One of my favourite colours to wear is navy blue.
7. This Ramadan will be my 3rd Ramadan as a Muslim insha’Allah.
8. I absolutely love animals. I have a hamster. Can’t wait to get a cat insha’Allah.
9. My husband is Algerian.
10. I’m an Arsenal fan as is my whole family and I’ve been to the Emirates several times.
11. I’m 100% British (mostly Scottish) but a lot of people assume I’m Moroccan/Turkish/Egyptian/Middle Eastern/Algerian/You name it (because of my hijab).
12. I have 2 degrees.
13. I’m currently learning Arabic (Algerian and Qur’anic).
14. I have terrible handwriting.
15. I’m slightly obsessive about neatness and tidying.
16. I’m addicted to tea and chocolate.
17. I’m distantly related to William Wallace (okay that one is a joke, I’m sorry).
18. I’m a bookworm.
19. I’m an introvert… I’m very selective about my friends and how much I share with people.
20. I love knitting, although don’t find much time for it.

If you read this, I would love to read some facts about you too! ๐Ÿ™‚

24 thoughts on “20 Facts About Me

1. Sana Khan says:

Great to know about you ! My husband is also Algerian and I am an Indian, people also assume me as an Arab because of my Hijab kind of similarity we have, I wish you all the best for Ramadan, I have learnt some french to communicate with my Husband’s family , Arabic will come next InshaAllah though I know the basics ๐Ÿ™‚

Aww that’s lovely masha’Allah! Oh really lol it’s funny how people always make that assumption ๐Ÿ™ˆ Aww thank you sis, may you have a very blessed Ramadan too! Oh yeah that’s good you can communicated in French with them masha’Allah aww that’s great may Allah make it easy for you! ๐Ÿ˜„

2. thari says:

A hamster and a cat at the same time?! Good luck to you then!
    I hope you have the best Ramadhan ever. Remember me in your prayers.
    Aaaand you haven’t posted anything from the novel in ages!

I would have one of every animal if I could ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ
      I hope you do too! Aww of course I’ll keep you in my prayers!
      I suppose I haven’t lol… perhaps I’ll share some soon insha’Allah ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Ummi Israa (nawaal) says:

Aslm!
    I don’t have an Algerian husband however my husband is Egyptian!…
    I am South African currently living in Egypt!
    I’m a born Muslim Algumdulilah but people assume that because I’m from South Africa I’m not Muslim. … (sad)
    InshAllah Allah grant us all Sabr nd Hidaya to be more tolerant of each other!
    Shukran for your inspiration May you be rewarded abundantly InshAllah

Aww that’s lovely, may Allah bless your marriage, still North African ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh really, people too often make assumptions! Sabr is the key, insha’Allah.. aww thank you for reading!! โ˜บ๏ธ

4. Ummi Israa (nawaal) says:

Aslm!
    I don’t have an Algerian husband but an Egyptian husband ๐Ÿ™‚
    I am a South African living Egypt.
    Unfortunately people assume that because I’m South African I’m not Muslim! (Sad) I have faced so many adversities whilst here eg: someone asked me if I will be Fasting during Ramadaan? ??? Algumdulilah I answered inshallah! …
    InshAllah may the Almighty grant us the Sabr nd hiyadah to be Tolerant of each other. After all we are all brothers nd sisters in lslam!
    XoXo

5. communicatingmythoughts says:

Facts 4, 15, 18 and 19 are me too!! What kind of novel are you writing? I’ve had so many idea but always drift off in the middle, but I am hoping I manage to get one completed and good enough to get published at some point in my life . ๐Ÿ™‚

Also people always think I’m Arab or something middle eastern (I’m South Asian) because I’m pale and wear a headscarf hahaha. :/

Aww really, lots in common then! It’s about a young Muslim woman, who went through heartbreak, lost her mum, was the victim of an islamophobic attack and just how she comes through it all really.. I was the same I had all these ideas but none of them even lasted long but this one was different. Insha’Allah you will complete one and it will get published one day and be successful!
      Hahah yeah I guess that’s the same for me because I’m pale and wear a headscarf ๐Ÿ™„