This was something I was tagged to do on instagram and if you follow me there you would have already seen it but I just thought it was worth sharing on my blog as well!
Here goes 20 (I hope somewhat interesting) facts about me.
1. I qualified as a mental health nurse last year and I’m now working in a nursing home.
2. It’s a cliche but I’m scared of spiders.
3. I prefer winter in terms of temperature but summer in terms of hours of daylight.
4. I always wanted to be a writer and I’m currently working on a novel. My dream is to have it published.
5. I started this blog in December to write about my experiences as a Muslim/Revert or short stories or whatever I feel like writing about.
6. My favourite colour is lilac or burgundy. One of my favourite colours to wear is navy blue.
7. This Ramadan will be my 3rd Ramadan as a Muslim insha’Allah.
8. I absolutely love animals. I have a hamster. Can’t wait to get a cat insha’Allah.
9. My husband is Algerian.
10. I’m an Arsenal fan as is my whole family and I’ve been to the Emirates several times.
11. I’m 100% British (mostly Scottish) but a lot of people assume I’m Moroccan/Turkish/Egyptian/Middle Eastern/Algerian/You name it (because of my hijab).
12. I have 2 degrees.
13. I’m currently learning Arabic (Algerian and Qur’anic).
14. I have terrible handwriting.
15. I’m slightly obsessive about neatness and tidying.
16. I’m addicted to tea and chocolate.
17. I’m distantly related to William Wallace (okay that one is a joke, I’m sorry).
18. I’m a bookworm.
19. I’m an introvert… I’m very selective about my friends and how much I share with people.
20. I love knitting, although don’t find much time for it.
If you read this, I would love to read some facts about you too! 🙂