I was nominated by the lovely and talented Chasing Sakina for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’. Big thank you to her for the continued positive support and feedback on my writing which always means a lot.
• Thank the person/persons who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Here are Chasing Sakina‘s questions and my answers:
1) What are some of your goals for this month?
I guess I have a lot of ongoing goals which I am continuously working on. One goal I have specifically for this month is to reach the word count of 25,000 on my novel.
2) What inspires you?
Many things inspire me. One of the main things, which is partly why I want to write a novel, is people’s stories. Hearing about how people overcome struggles and help one another is always so moving and without a doubt inspires me. Strong women inspire me. My mum inspires me. Words inspire me.
3) Who was the last person you hugged?
My husband. He’s just about the only person I hug.
4) What are some of your favourite quotes?
Oh gosh I have soooo many, such a great question though.
“Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be.” – Charles Bukowski.
“What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness.” – Leo Tolstoy.
“Happiness is only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer.
“You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.” – Ray Bradbury.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” – Desmond Tutu.
I could go on for days so I’ll stop there.
5) What colour comes to mind when you think of peace and why?
A very pale lilac comes to mind. I guess because it is one of my favourite colours and it invokes a feeling of calmness in me probably because I find it aesthetically pleasing.
6) What are three of your favourite books or TV shows?
This is an impossible question but I will just have to choose some of my favourites.
One of my all time favourite books is and probably will always be ‘Jane Eyre’ because it’s just amazing.
I have to mention the Harry Potter series because I grew up with those books and there is so much meaning and depth to them – they are not just about magic!
Another favourite book of mine was ‘Gone Girl’. I can’t resist a bit of suspense thriller and the twist was so good.
7) What are you grateful for right now?
I’m grateful to be in a happy and loving marriage.
8) What adds meaning to your life?
Writing adds meaning to my life because I give a part of my thoughts and myself into everything I write and sharing it with others means a lot. Family gives my life meaning.
9) What are your pet-peeves?
Probably untidiness. I’m slightly OCD when it comes to tidying and cleaning and I can’t deal with things being out of place.
10) What do your admire about your parents?
My mum was a single-parent for most of my childhood and she went through a lot. She worked several jobs to support us and she never complained.
11) What do you love about the area that you live?
I live right by a big park where there is a loch and greenery and it is a beautiful escape right on my doorstep. Also the people are generally very friendly and open.
(Don’t feel you have to take part but I just want to show my appreciation for your blogs)
- ShukrAllah blog
- A Swede’s take on America
- Pocket Treasures
- Muslimah According to Me
- Christal Joan
- Seeking Words
- My Rahmahtales
- Zara Writes
- Accidentally Inked
- Heart Attach Site
My questions are:
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Is there something you love which everyone else hates?
- When was the last time you changed your mind about something?
- What do you love about your best friend?
- What is your favourite word?
- What was the last thing you learnt?
- If you could live in any country where would you live?
- If you had to live in a period of history, which would it be?
- Who was the last person you said ‘I love you’ to?
Thanks for reading, assalamu alaykum 🙂